Monday, November 26, 2012

Ugh turkey!

So it's over.  Thanksgiving is done.  If I never see turkey again it will be too soon.  Turkey for thanksgiving....turkey the day after Thanksgiving....turkey casserole on Saturday....and turkey sandwiches on Sunday.

I am done with turkey.

I am done with pie.

I am done with five full days with my children.

We spent this holiday with my parents, AKA....trapped in country hell.  I love my parents.  And I love that I grew up in a little rural town, population 4500.  It was a nice place to grow up.  We spent time on my grandparents farm.  We went camping.  You never felt the need to lock your cars or your front door.  I admit it had it's perks. 

But now?  Now I want to be able to shop at more than one grocery store.   I want to go to the store in my pajamas and not run into someone I know.  I want to go to a movie in the middle of the day. 

I want civilization!!! 

It was a looonnggg weekend.......

Our original intention was to leave Saturday, but due to some home repair projects of my mom's we stayed an additional day to help with that.  And then it was back to work today.  I am tired.  I am grumpy.  I am not sure that my husband will still be alive by morning....he is not on my favorite person list today.  I was so glad to kiss my kids goodbye and send them off to school.   I did not want to come to work today.

*sigh*

But it's okay.  I'm still glad I got see my family.  I'm glad I got to stuff myself with lemon meringue pie.  I AM glad I got to spend so much time with my kids and that they got to spend so much time with their grandparents. 

I cannot be glad about the weight I gained.  Or the fact that the thought of turkey makes me ill.  Or that my husband is now on my hit list. 

But no one cried, well except Petal....she cries over everything so that doesn't count. 

And, speaking of Petal, after 3 hours trapped in a car.... 3 long hours in which she bounced off the walls (figuratively), cried indiscriminately (literally) and generally annoyed us all despite my begging and pleading with her to close her eyes and sleep....within 5 minutes of being home she climbed on the recliner with the quilt my great grandmother made and crashed.



She's so cute when she sleeps...which is good because when she's awake she's harder to love.  :)

And while she slept Steven, Autumn and I breathed a big sigh of relief and fell asleep too.

My wish flower?  That Petal would sleep longer, harder and with more frequency.   One more holiday to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment