Monday, November 12, 2012

Shhh...

Right now the house is quiet. The kids are sleeping and the cat is curled up next to me purring. Steven is out doing his Monday night side job. He's a trooper.

I love quiet.  I love the sound of my girls breathing deeply and peacefully. I love the hum of the dishwasher and the whirring of my furnace.  I love the smell of the clean sheets I just put on my bed.

Nights of quiet are pretty rare here.  There always seems to be one more thing to do. One more chore to finish. One more piece of homework to check.

And to be honest I'm sure there is something somewhere I need to be doing. But for now, in this moment, I'm going to embrace the peace. I'm going to listen to the breathing, purring, and humming that surrounds me and feel content.

I'm going to lie in my soft flannel sheets, wearing a ratty t-shirt and panties and breathe.  I'm not going to worry about all that needs to be done tomorrow. Or worry about Autumn's orthodontist appointment. Or getting the groceries bought for Thanksgiving. I'm not even going to worry about the fact that the panties I'm wearing are feeling a little bit more "snug" than the last time I wore them.

Today is almost done. Tomorrow is soon enough to get to the worries and chores.

Breathe.

Breathe.

And....garage door. Peaceful time over. Steven is back.

Wish flower?   I wish I would have had just 15 more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment